Posted 21st February, 2013 by Corporate Support Team
In 2008 the newly elected Council resolved to merge the operation of the Tumut Boys Club Hall and Swimming Pools Committees with the Sports Committee to broaden the aims, objectives and strategies of Committees.
The Sports Committee is a Committee of Council responsive to community needs.
Roles of the Sports Committee
- Provide appropriate advice and recomendations on matters relevant to sport and recreation in the Shire;
- Provide a forum for discussion of sport and rereation issues;
- To advise Council on the level of service preferred regarding the maintenance of sporting facilities;
- To recommend to Council the allocation of Tumut Shire Council's Sports Capital Projects Grants and Athletes Assistance program;
- To assist new or struggling clubs to survive and grow if deemed appropriate;
- To promote sport and recreation in our Shire
The Sports Committee comprises:
The Committee shall be comprised of one representative per Shire sporting organisation, the General Manager or nominated delegate and one Councillor. It is desirable that there is a representation from the entire gender balance and age distribution on the Committee.
All committee members have voting rights. The Councillor and Council staff positions are selected by Council resolution. Club positions are selected by the clubs and can be changed at the clubs discretion at any time. Interested members of the public are welcome to attend meetings but they do not have voting rights.
Contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone (02) 6941 2555
Local Sports Awards Nomination Forms for sports awards can be obtained from 96.3FM radio station – 81 Capper Street, Tumut
Agendas & Minutes
|05/03/2013||Sports Committee Agenda - 5 March 2013||105kb|
|04/09/2012||Sports Committee Agenda - 04 September 2012||2465kb|
|05/06/2012||Sports Committee Agenda 05 June 2012||240kb|
|06/03/2012||Sports Committee Agenda - 6 March 2012||75kb|
|01/11/2011||Sports Committee Agenda - 1 November 2011||154kb|
|02/08/2011||Sports Committee Agenda - 2 August 2011||514kb|
|03/03/2011||Sports Committee Agenda - 03 March 2011||1159kb|