Alcohol Free Zones
At the Ordinary Meeting, February
2009, that Council approve an extension of the alcohol free zones under
Section 644 of the Local Government Act in the towns of Adelong, Batlow
and Tumut for the period 1st January, 2009 to 31st December, 2012.
The Tumut Police have advised the
Manager Corporate Services that the zones have been successful in past
years and have assisted to overcome the problem of disorderly conduct,
littering and obstruction to pedestrian traffic that could occur in
locations within Adelong, Batlow and Tumut.
The areas included in the Alcohol Free Zone extensions are –
- Tumut Street, Campbell Street, Neil Street, Havelock Street, Lockhart Street and Victoria Hill Road in the town of Adelong.
- Weemala Lookout (all of the Lookout area from the junction of the access road and carpark).
- Batlow Central Town area including the
following roads Selwyn Street from Tumbarumba Road to Pioneer Street,
then Pioneer Street to Reedy Street, then Reedy Street to Tumbarumba
Road, then Tumbarumba Road to Selwyn Street.
- Wynyard Street between Fitzroy and Capper Streets.
- With the exclusion of the Section in
front of the Woolpack Hotel at specified times when alcohol is provided
with meals in a dining environment.
- Russell Street between Richmond and Merivale Streets.
- Kells Lane at the Little River Bridge
Download Alcohol Free Zone Policy